A couple weeks ago, our new little niece was born :)
We got the fun opportunity to stay with Oakley over the weekend while her parents & new little sister were at the hospital.
Sadly, Dave had to work all weekend, but Oakley kept me plenty busy :)
We had many interesting conversations over the weekend.
Stuff like:
Oakley: "Am I a people?"
Monica: "No you're a person"
Oakley: "Are you a people?"
Monica: "No I'm a person"
Oakley: "Who's a people?"
Monica: "People are when there are two or more persons. One person is a person. If there is more than one person they are people. You're two."
Oakley: "What does otherwise mean?"
Monica: "uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............ummmmmmmm...I don't know"
We had fun :)
It was so fun getting her up in the morning & telling her that baby Raleigh was here & getting her ready to go visit the hospital. She was soo excited :)
Oakey was so worried everytime Raleigh would cry, it was pretty cute :)
We spent lots of time at the hospital but made sure to make time for the pool too!
Oakley & Raleigh at Oakleys "Big Sister Party" :)
We had so much fun spending this special time with Oakley and are glad we got to leave just as the potty training went down the drain and the annoying fake baby cries came as she is adjusting into her new role as the big sister.
We love our nieces and are scared to have our own because we (I) don't think they will be able to compete in the cuteness category.
I fear my girls will inherit giant white hairy thighs.
I wont say who I think they will inherit those from.
3 comments:
Congrats you guys! How fun to have a brand new niece :) And Oakley is adorable! But don't worry your kids will be just as cute. I know it :)
And yes, Steve is here with a security system company but he doesn't have to sell...just install so it's not too terrible. Oh I would love if our next stop would be Phoenix! Hey you never know :)
Thanks for posting these!!!!
I love the people/person story.
keep the pictures and posts coming, because I know jenny won't. =)
Haha, you crack me up. That is one smart two year old! And of course your kids will be just as cute, try combining the looks of oakley & tryston. Your kids will have good genes from both sides. Oh & I don't know about the white hair thigh but at least white is harder to see than black. :) Love ya!
Post a Comment