Dave and I just had quite the epiphany.
Being 6 years apart has never seemed to be a problem, if anything, I have thought it is so much better than being with someone my own age.
However, we have just discovered what is wrong with our marriage and I'm kind of annoyed we JUST realized this, 3 years down the road.
I was telling Dave how, because he is 28, I naturally feel like I am that old too, and sometimes get sad that I dont have a house and kids yet.
Then when I remember I am only 22 I feel better because its normal for a 22 year old not to have those things and be working and living in an apartment.
Then the big realization came, and I'm pretty sure even Dave has not been aware of this until the very words were coming out of his mouth.
He said, "And because you're only 22, I feel like I'm that age and have plenty of time to figure out what I want to do with my life."
GREAT.
so there you have it.
Looks like Dave will be 40 when he starts his career, but only his early 30's in his mind.
I think we need counseling.
Being 6 years apart has never seemed to be a problem, if anything, I have thought it is so much better than being with someone my own age.
However, we have just discovered what is wrong with our marriage and I'm kind of annoyed we JUST realized this, 3 years down the road.
I was telling Dave how, because he is 28, I naturally feel like I am that old too, and sometimes get sad that I dont have a house and kids yet.
Then when I remember I am only 22 I feel better because its normal for a 22 year old not to have those things and be working and living in an apartment.
Then the big realization came, and I'm pretty sure even Dave has not been aware of this until the very words were coming out of his mouth.
He said, "And because you're only 22, I feel like I'm that age and have plenty of time to figure out what I want to do with my life."
GREAT.
so there you have it.
Looks like Dave will be 40 when he starts his career, but only his early 30's in his mind.
I think we need counseling.
6 comments:
You guys are brilliant! ;)
Haha I love this! Steve and I had a very similar conversation the other day. I guess that's what we get for marrying older men :)
haha. I've always felt like you were closer to Dave's age too. Guess it evens out with you being so mature and him being immature :). (for those of you reading-i'm his little sister so it's ok if i say it)
wow- way to make me feel like a loser. =)
I feel ya.. Tyler is 29 and I'm only 24 (so we're actually like 5 1/2 years apart). I get an itch for a house or 'grown up things' too, and then I realize that my friends from high school (well, not the LDS ones :)) are still graduating from college. Just have the right perspective and everythign will work out when it's supposed to. :)
Have I told you how glad I am that you married that guy?
Peace.
Post a Comment