Since the rest of the parts of this season are depressing I thought it would be the perfect time to blog about our happy sunny summer days :)
Dave's 28th Birthday

I made my first layered cake which was easier than I expected but not as good as I had hoped! We found out later the trick was to not refrigerate it and it was soo good :)


We went to the driving range for the morning, Dave taught me how to do it right cause I had never even held a real golf club before this, besides mini golf, which probably isn't considered a real golf club. Anyways, I was amazing.



Aaaaand for dinner we went to Cheesecake Factory which was of course amazing like always!



Super freaky I have a 28 year old husband.
My 22nd Birthday

My super pretty flowers from Dave :) Unfortunately they were poisonous and almost killed me. They were really strong and after breathing them in for a couple hours (not like I was sitting there sniffing them for hours, just the smell in the air!) I ate one of the gummies that my mom gave me and started screaming and holding my throat and screaming more and then i brushed my teeth/tongue for like 10 minutes and then drank milk and i still felt like i was dying. I ate a bunch of pretzels and then we thought maybe it was an allergic reaction......so we put the flowers outside and i immediately felt better. I guess just breathing in the pollen like destroyed my insides, so when i ate a sour gummy OH MY GOSH.
Dont try it.
Sadly I had to take the flowers to my sister, but it was the thought that counted :)

The day after my birthday we both had work off so Dave took me shopping in Portland. For 8 HOURS straight. I'll admit it was even a little long for me. But Dave stayed by my side the whole time! I even kept telling him he could go to barnes & noble or anywhere more interesting to him than clothes shopping but he insisted it was my day and didn't complain once :) He's the best

And Sushi for my birthday dinner :) It was delicious!


Family Garage Sale
We had a big garage sale with all my siblings and it was quite the success for everyone :)
I think we walked away with a little over $400, which was amazing for just getting rid of stuff that we never use and takes up space! Now we are kind of obsessed with getting rid of stuff we dont need and are even downsizing to a smaller apartment at the end of the month! We have never lived in smaller than a 2 bedroom so squeezing into a one bedroom will be a change but I'm excited to get rid of more stuff and make it cozy!
Dave found himself a new woman at the garage sale.
Normally, this wouldn't be okay with me.
But I was 100% okay with this little lady.....
She was looking at the car my sister was buying, but she fell in love with Dave the moment she laid eyes on him and started making some pretty flirty comments towards him.
He then showed her his hose belts he made with his friend back in high school.
He made her a deal that if she bought the car, he would throw in a FREE hose belt.
FREE! How can you pass up that kind of offer?
She then said all she wanted was a picture with Dave.
So everyone won. She bought the car. Dave gave her a hose belt. And they got a picture forever.
When they went to pose for the picture she just leaned in for a really big hug and wouldn't let him go, it was so cute :)



As she was leaving she told us she had 6 weeks left to live.
We didnt know if she was joking or not cause she was kind of a funny old lady, but I dont know why she would buy herself a new car if it was true?
It was kind of sad, but I hope shes still alive cause she is super cute :)
And Dave is not only a hit with the older ladies, the younger ones adore him just as much.
I love this picture! Oakley loves Dave and he adores her just as much :)


3 Year Anniversary
On August 17th we celebrated 3 years! I cant believe how fast time flies. I'm pretty sure by this point we thought we would have a career going, a house, and 2 kids.
Things haven't really happened that way :)
When you look at our lives it kind of looks like nothing has really changed with us, and for the most part it hasn't. We're still poor........we're still moving every 6 months to a year, we're still both working doing things just to pay the bills......its still just us and no babies.......
And although we are SO EXCITED for the future,
I wouldn't have changed a thing about how things have panned out for us so far. Because although it seems like, and sometimes feels like, we're not making progress...we have learned so much.
Learned so much about eachother. About marriage. About love.
I feel like we have been able to focus on eachother and ourselves so much these past few years, that when the time comes to move on to bigger and better things, we will be ready.
We understand eachother. ( Well I'm not sure Dave always completely understands me but I dont know that will ever change, I'm just nuts sometimes)
But for the most part, we really do understand eachother, and know eachother.
So much more than we did the day we were married.
So as we continue to have patience and know that there is a plan for us, and there is correct timing for that plan, I'm so grateful our lives didn't fall into place right away :)
Otherwise I think we would have missed some pretty amazing experiences together.
On our actual anniversary we both had to work so I threw together a little picnic in the living room with pizza and rootbeer floats, and we watched our wedding videos :)

That weekend we flew down to Phoenix and spent 3 days soaking up the amazing Arizona sun and absolutely fell in love with it.
We are about 99.9% positive that we are meant to live there, we LOVED every second.










Other Stuff
I begged Dave to be in the Hypnotist show at the Clark County Fair, I thought it would be sooo funny! Unfortuneately, it didn't work on him (I guess hes faking it in this picture) and he only lasted about 5 minutes up there. He and the other guy sitting straight up obviously not falling for it got sent back to the audience. I was sitting next to that other guys wife and we were pretty bummed our husbands couldn't relax. Oh well, at least he tried :)

A few weekends ago we drove up to Seattle to meet up with Daves parents while they had a layover on their way to Alaska. It was so good seeing them again and catching up in person! We hadn't seen them since last Christmas so it was definitely time, and even though it was a short visit for lunch, we will take what we can get :)

Before heading straight back home after lunch we explored Seattle a little, it ended up being a really nice day so it was perfect!

Hahaa sooo...Dave is not only a hit with the old ladies, and the little girls, the old men love him as well. ( I think its pretty obvious by now Dave is amazing and everyone loves him)
Anyways, this 90 year old guy who Dave helps at the bank has been asking Dave to go golfing with him for over a year now. Thinking it was a little weird, Dave has always been able to have something else going on, but he finally gave in a few weeks ago.
So my sweet husband spent his whole day off golfing with his new buddy.
He met him for lunch and then they went out to golf, however Dave wasn't aware it was a fancy "no jeans allowed" golf course.
When he showed up in jeans, he got kicked out :(
But have no fear, daves new best friend drove back to his house to get some shorts for dave to wear. Best part, he let him keep them :)
So here is Dave wearing his 90 year old friends shorts
(he had to majorly sag them to stay modest :))
And his shoes and socks just complete the look.

Poor Dave. He broke out in hives one night as he was preparing his talk for church. Nerves? Stress from his list of a million things to do? Something he ate?
We dont know.
But I called my mom and she told me what to do, so I went to the store and cleared their shelves of benadryl and anti-itch everything and came home and followed my moms steps to cure him.
Take benadryl
Rub anti-itch gel all over his body
Sprinkle anti-itch powder all over his body
and this was the result:

we are happy to say the cure did work and his hives went away :)
Jennifer & Aarons wedding reception! It was super cute and especially cute because they have known eachother forever and I went to high school with both of them and am still in shock they are married! I love it!


And last but not least... BYU football season is back, and it looks like Dave has got a new football watching partner :)


The end!
Dave's 28th Birthday
I made my first layered cake which was easier than I expected but not as good as I had hoped! We found out later the trick was to not refrigerate it and it was soo good :)
We went to the driving range for the morning, Dave taught me how to do it right cause I had never even held a real golf club before this, besides mini golf, which probably isn't considered a real golf club. Anyways, I was amazing.
Aaaaand for dinner we went to Cheesecake Factory which was of course amazing like always!
Super freaky I have a 28 year old husband.
My 22nd Birthday
My super pretty flowers from Dave :) Unfortunately they were poisonous and almost killed me. They were really strong and after breathing them in for a couple hours (not like I was sitting there sniffing them for hours, just the smell in the air!) I ate one of the gummies that my mom gave me and started screaming and holding my throat and screaming more and then i brushed my teeth/tongue for like 10 minutes and then drank milk and i still felt like i was dying. I ate a bunch of pretzels and then we thought maybe it was an allergic reaction......so we put the flowers outside and i immediately felt better. I guess just breathing in the pollen like destroyed my insides, so when i ate a sour gummy OH MY GOSH.
Dont try it.
Sadly I had to take the flowers to my sister, but it was the thought that counted :)
The day after my birthday we both had work off so Dave took me shopping in Portland. For 8 HOURS straight. I'll admit it was even a little long for me. But Dave stayed by my side the whole time! I even kept telling him he could go to barnes & noble or anywhere more interesting to him than clothes shopping but he insisted it was my day and didn't complain once :) He's the best
And Sushi for my birthday dinner :) It was delicious!
Family Garage Sale
We had a big garage sale with all my siblings and it was quite the success for everyone :)
I think we walked away with a little over $400, which was amazing for just getting rid of stuff that we never use and takes up space! Now we are kind of obsessed with getting rid of stuff we dont need and are even downsizing to a smaller apartment at the end of the month! We have never lived in smaller than a 2 bedroom so squeezing into a one bedroom will be a change but I'm excited to get rid of more stuff and make it cozy!
Dave found himself a new woman at the garage sale.
Normally, this wouldn't be okay with me.
But I was 100% okay with this little lady.....
She was looking at the car my sister was buying, but she fell in love with Dave the moment she laid eyes on him and started making some pretty flirty comments towards him.
He then showed her his hose belts he made with his friend back in high school.
He made her a deal that if she bought the car, he would throw in a FREE hose belt.
FREE! How can you pass up that kind of offer?
She then said all she wanted was a picture with Dave.
So everyone won. She bought the car. Dave gave her a hose belt. And they got a picture forever.
When they went to pose for the picture she just leaned in for a really big hug and wouldn't let him go, it was so cute :)
As she was leaving she told us she had 6 weeks left to live.
We didnt know if she was joking or not cause she was kind of a funny old lady, but I dont know why she would buy herself a new car if it was true?
It was kind of sad, but I hope shes still alive cause she is super cute :)
And Dave is not only a hit with the older ladies, the younger ones adore him just as much.
I love this picture! Oakley loves Dave and he adores her just as much :)
3 Year Anniversary
On August 17th we celebrated 3 years! I cant believe how fast time flies. I'm pretty sure by this point we thought we would have a career going, a house, and 2 kids.
Things haven't really happened that way :)
When you look at our lives it kind of looks like nothing has really changed with us, and for the most part it hasn't. We're still poor........we're still moving every 6 months to a year, we're still both working doing things just to pay the bills......its still just us and no babies.......
And although we are SO EXCITED for the future,
I wouldn't have changed a thing about how things have panned out for us so far. Because although it seems like, and sometimes feels like, we're not making progress...we have learned so much.
Learned so much about eachother. About marriage. About love.
I feel like we have been able to focus on eachother and ourselves so much these past few years, that when the time comes to move on to bigger and better things, we will be ready.
We understand eachother. ( Well I'm not sure Dave always completely understands me but I dont know that will ever change, I'm just nuts sometimes)
But for the most part, we really do understand eachother, and know eachother.
So much more than we did the day we were married.
So as we continue to have patience and know that there is a plan for us, and there is correct timing for that plan, I'm so grateful our lives didn't fall into place right away :)
Otherwise I think we would have missed some pretty amazing experiences together.
On our actual anniversary we both had to work so I threw together a little picnic in the living room with pizza and rootbeer floats, and we watched our wedding videos :)
That weekend we flew down to Phoenix and spent 3 days soaking up the amazing Arizona sun and absolutely fell in love with it.
We are about 99.9% positive that we are meant to live there, we LOVED every second.
Other Stuff
I begged Dave to be in the Hypnotist show at the Clark County Fair, I thought it would be sooo funny! Unfortuneately, it didn't work on him (I guess hes faking it in this picture) and he only lasted about 5 minutes up there. He and the other guy sitting straight up obviously not falling for it got sent back to the audience. I was sitting next to that other guys wife and we were pretty bummed our husbands couldn't relax. Oh well, at least he tried :)
A few weekends ago we drove up to Seattle to meet up with Daves parents while they had a layover on their way to Alaska. It was so good seeing them again and catching up in person! We hadn't seen them since last Christmas so it was definitely time, and even though it was a short visit for lunch, we will take what we can get :)
Before heading straight back home after lunch we explored Seattle a little, it ended up being a really nice day so it was perfect!
Hahaa sooo...Dave is not only a hit with the old ladies, and the little girls, the old men love him as well. ( I think its pretty obvious by now Dave is amazing and everyone loves him)
Anyways, this 90 year old guy who Dave helps at the bank has been asking Dave to go golfing with him for over a year now. Thinking it was a little weird, Dave has always been able to have something else going on, but he finally gave in a few weeks ago.
So my sweet husband spent his whole day off golfing with his new buddy.
He met him for lunch and then they went out to golf, however Dave wasn't aware it was a fancy "no jeans allowed" golf course.
When he showed up in jeans, he got kicked out :(
But have no fear, daves new best friend drove back to his house to get some shorts for dave to wear. Best part, he let him keep them :)
So here is Dave wearing his 90 year old friends shorts
(he had to majorly sag them to stay modest :))
And his shoes and socks just complete the look.
Poor Dave. He broke out in hives one night as he was preparing his talk for church. Nerves? Stress from his list of a million things to do? Something he ate?
We dont know.
But I called my mom and she told me what to do, so I went to the store and cleared their shelves of benadryl and anti-itch everything and came home and followed my moms steps to cure him.
Take benadryl
Rub anti-itch gel all over his body
Sprinkle anti-itch powder all over his body
and this was the result:
we are happy to say the cure did work and his hives went away :)
Jennifer & Aarons wedding reception! It was super cute and especially cute because they have known eachother forever and I went to high school with both of them and am still in shock they are married! I love it!
And last but not least... BYU football season is back, and it looks like Dave has got a new football watching partner :)
The end!
7 comments:
I love your blog & I totally cracked up seeing dave in 90 year old man shorts. So awesome! lol
Awesome update! Happy birthdays and anniversary! What a FUN Summer! I hope things work out for you guys to move to AZ like you want. I'm sure there's awesome golfing there too. ;)
Why do I feel like I already read this blog???? Weird. Didn't you already blog about the garage sale and being hypnotized at the fair????
never mind- i figured it out. I saw the pictures on your facebook. Oh- and I didn't think the hives picture of dave was very modest....
so fun to catch up on your life...its about time :) ps haappy be lated birthday, your gift must have gotten lost in the mail..:)
Monica I absolutely love you two! :) Reading your blog makes me excited for all the little things I have to look forward too! Please let me know next time you are in Utah, Clayton's parents live in Richfield and we're up there a lot which is obviously not very close to Escalante but maybe we can meet up on your way back up north for lunch or something!
I loved getting caught up on your fun summer! It was so amazing to see you at our reception! Thanks again for coming!!
You and Dave always look like you guys have so much fun together! I love reading about it!
I hope you have a fun holiday season coming up!! keep in touch!! love you!
Post a Comment