7.29.2008

Happy Birthday to ME :)


This last weekend was my 20th Birthday :) I'm FINALLY not a teenager anymore, even though I still feel like one a lot of the time :)

On Saturday we were getting ready to go to dinner and Dave asked me to go get the mail. I never get the mail, so it was kind of weird that he asked me to go get it, so I just didn't.
Then he came out of our room saying he was ready to go, but his shoes didn't match at all, so I told him if he went and changed his shoes I would go get the mail.

When I opened the mail box there was this card, and my first thought was that I just signed up for something online and put my birthday, because I sign up for everything so it wouldn't be that weird.



But then I opened the card and there was this poster.........


signed by TROY BOLTON HIMSELF.
Troys handwriting was exactly like Daves, how weird huh?



He knows I love high school musical, and even though I'm not a teenager anymore, I still love it.
He's very accepting of my interest in the younger men.


After that funny surprise, we went to Portland to my new favorite restaurant.
THE MELTING POT.



I have been obsessed with this place for years, even though I had never been. I just LOVE cheese and I LOVE fondue...so to have a fondue restaurant...
it was perfect.
I was SO EXCITED.

The one in Portland is really cool, they have the entrance on just a street corner in the middle of portland, and you have to go down this staircase that takes you underground to the restaurant.

When we got seated, there was this beautiful rose from Dave (and a happy birthday card from the melting pot...kind of weird)



We enjoyed our strawberry Daquaris while we decided what to order....



Our meal ended up being SO amazing. These pictures dont even do it justice. It was a 4 course meal with cheese fondue to start, an amazing salad next, our entree with everything from lobster tails to filet mignon....
and we ended the night with a super good smore's chocolate fondue....



IT was the most amazing dinner ever. Unfortuneately, it ended up being REALLY expensive...so the next time we get to go there, will probably be in a long time :(



We were SO full afterwards. We were feeling good when we were leaving the restaurant but by the time we got to the car, it hit us.
These are our full faces.


We went home and watched "Over her dead body"...which i ended up falling asleep to after like 20 minutes, surprise surprise, and Dave stayed up the whole movie and didn't like it.


Then Sunday morning, my actual birthday, dave brought me my FAVORITE breakfast in bed, Special K Cereal with red berries....and an orange. :)
Then I wanted to watch the movie again since I slept through the whole thing, and Dave even watched it with me again, and he didnt even like it!
He's so sweet :)

I got mixed up, we actually did presents right after breakfast and I wish I would have taken a picture of them because Dave did such a good job wrapping :)
This was one of my favorite presents...
(I'm almost ashamed to put this, it makes me look like such a bad wife!)




I'm in LOVE with David Hasslehoff.
I had never even heard of him until this season of Americas got Talent started, and hes one of the judges. IT was just love at first sight, he is SO NICE, and he's a pretty good looking old guy.
For some reason Dave is very accepting of this
(obviously, he's even buying me his clothes)


Although I do love David Hasslehoff....I told Dave he is still my number one. I love him the most :)


After church, we went over to my parents for mine and daves combined birthday party. There are so many July birthdays in my family, so my family celebrated mine and daves together.
I let Dave pick what to have for dinner and he chose mexican, so we had a big mexican fiesta! I'm not even a big mexican fan but it was very good. My favorite part was the nerds sprinkled all over the table.



After dinner we did presents. When I was growing up, I remember when both my older sisters turned 12, they got flowers from my dad. I was so excited to turn 12 so I could get my flowers from my dad.
well, I dont know what happened but he forgot or something. I never got my 12th birthday flowers.
It came up a few weeks ago, and I told him how sad I was I never got my flowers...
so I got this AMAZING boquet of roses...along with some shopping $ which I was in DESPERATE need of!




Arent they so pretty??? oh I love them.

For Dessert we had my favorite, Dirt & Worms :)
We had them in little cups, but my mom made us this big one to take home...
I LOVE this stuff.


3 comments:

Whitney Bennett said...

Oh how fun! That was one long and eventful birthday it seems! How sweet of Dave to do all that. I hope Allen brings me birthday in bed! I have never been to the Melting Pot....I hear it's amazing so I really want to go. It looks like it was a great birthday. Happy belated birthday :)

paula said...

Just found your blog very fun to get connected with your new married life. What a great birthday!! Aunt Paula

Brie said...

Monica- how cute is your blog...i love it! and ps, i love that you have special boyfriends too...Russ has gotten used to it by now..:) Anywho, love the pics and the HOFF shirt might have been my favorite. I like you real and honest you are...its refreshing!!