I haven't ever posted a blog that was just me rambling about my random thoughts, but for some reason I feel like doing just that today.
My inspiration is my current favorite song, well one of them, like every song is my favorite song. The song "You're gonna miss this" by Trace Adkins is up there on my list right now, and it has really got me thinking the last week or so.
I have always lived my life looking forward to SOMETHING. Whether it was something small like being excited for a tv show on that night, or being excited for an upcoming vacation. I used to even make little lists of all the things I had to look forward in the next week or month, just to get me through it.
I don't really remember how I was when I was little, but I had all the typical things to look forward to growing up. When I was in Elementary school I wanted to be in Middle School. When I was in Middle School I wanted to be in High School. When I was in a Freshman in High School, I wanted to be a Senior. When I was finally a Senior I just wanted to graduate. When I graduated all I thought about was finally moving away from home and being out on my own. When I was finally out on my own and met Dave, all I wanted to do was get married. After we got married I got obsessed with having babies and have been trying to talk Dave into having them for almost the past year now.
And now I don't know why.
Something has completely clicked in my head, I'd like to say I grew a brain, but my family & I already discovered that a few years ago. Maybe it got bigger this last week.
I now feel like I have kind of missed out on a lot of my own life. I still had the same life, with all the same experiences regardless of my mind set, but I feel like I missed out.
When one thing good was happening in my life, all I could think about was the next good thing about to come up, and I never appreciated that MOMENT.
Well today I am a changed woman :)
I love my life today.
I am still excited for all the things that will eventually happen in life...babies, buying a house, lots and lots of vacations :).....
But right now, I am so CONTENT. I love being tired at the end of a long work day and just cuddling with Dave on the couch.
I love being able to just get up and go whenever we feel like it, or lay there like a blob whenever we feel like it.
I love taking care of just my husband for now, even though he's the one who really takes care of me.
I've finally decided to
SLOW DOWN.
I have the rest of my life to experience everything I want to.
And poor dave, had to live with me for a year before I realized this. He always thought he wasn't making me happy enough because I was always so anxious for the next thing in life.
But right now the ONLY thing I'm excited for is for Dave to get home from playing basketball so I can give him a LITTLE kiss (because he'll be so sweaty and taste gross)!
My inspiration is my current favorite song, well one of them, like every song is my favorite song. The song "You're gonna miss this" by Trace Adkins is up there on my list right now, and it has really got me thinking the last week or so.
I have always lived my life looking forward to SOMETHING. Whether it was something small like being excited for a tv show on that night, or being excited for an upcoming vacation. I used to even make little lists of all the things I had to look forward in the next week or month, just to get me through it.
I don't really remember how I was when I was little, but I had all the typical things to look forward to growing up. When I was in Elementary school I wanted to be in Middle School. When I was in Middle School I wanted to be in High School. When I was in a Freshman in High School, I wanted to be a Senior. When I was finally a Senior I just wanted to graduate. When I graduated all I thought about was finally moving away from home and being out on my own. When I was finally out on my own and met Dave, all I wanted to do was get married. After we got married I got obsessed with having babies and have been trying to talk Dave into having them for almost the past year now.
And now I don't know why.
Something has completely clicked in my head, I'd like to say I grew a brain, but my family & I already discovered that a few years ago. Maybe it got bigger this last week.
I now feel like I have kind of missed out on a lot of my own life. I still had the same life, with all the same experiences regardless of my mind set, but I feel like I missed out.
When one thing good was happening in my life, all I could think about was the next good thing about to come up, and I never appreciated that MOMENT.
Well today I am a changed woman :)
I love my life today.
I am still excited for all the things that will eventually happen in life...babies, buying a house, lots and lots of vacations :).....
But right now, I am so CONTENT. I love being tired at the end of a long work day and just cuddling with Dave on the couch.
I love being able to just get up and go whenever we feel like it, or lay there like a blob whenever we feel like it.
I love taking care of just my husband for now, even though he's the one who really takes care of me.
I've finally decided to
SLOW DOWN.
I have the rest of my life to experience everything I want to.
And poor dave, had to live with me for a year before I realized this. He always thought he wasn't making me happy enough because I was always so anxious for the next thing in life.
But right now the ONLY thing I'm excited for is for Dave to get home from playing basketball so I can give him a LITTLE kiss (because he'll be so sweaty and taste gross)!
2 comments:
This post was so precious. I do the same thing getting so anxious to get to the next phase in life. I really enjoyed reading this post because it really made me realize how great today is too. Thanks Monica!
that was a very nice thought! =)
Post a Comment