2.20.2011

"Bryan!"

So I have always LOVED these movies, both parts equally.
I grew up thinking Annie was the most beautiful girl in the whole world.
Then I watched part 1 a few years ago and realized, YIKES, she has a serious eyebrow problem.
Luckily, by part 2 she fixed that problem and was back to being beautiful.

Dave was flipping through channels today and I saw Father of the Bride 2 was on, and there were only 20 minutes left.  I got so excited because MY FAVORITE PART OF ALL TIME is in those last 20 minutes.

I'm pretty sure ever since I was like 8 it has been my favorite part.

When they are in the hospital, Annie is getting ready to be moved into the delivery room, they are pushing her bed out the door & down the hall.....
the music starts to get louder....
the elevator doors open...
And its Bryan!
And she yells, "Bryan!"

I don't know why, but that has always been and always will be my favorite part of probably any movie ever made.
So I asked Dave, when we have our first baby, if he will let me call him Bryan.

He said no.
I also want the music playing in all the hospital speakers so I feel like I'm in a movie, and I want Dave to be stuck somewhere and barely make it in time, but I feel like that will all be kind of hard to make happen.

So regardless of what he wants, I am going to do what I do have control over, and I am going to call him Bryan.
It is going to be so great.

2 comments:

Haley said...

haha Oh I want to see both of those movies right now!!! They were definitely favorites of mine growing up :) And I love that scene too!! But I can understand where Dave is coming from when he said no to your request of calling him Bryan...would you want Dave to call you Annie while you were giving birth? ;)

Alana said...

you make me laugh EVERY time i read your posts.