1.28.2010

yay

Looking at other peoples blogs is so much more fun than doing your own.

So here's what we've been doing the past few months:


Dave, after he got home from the gym.
Note the Cheetos AND clearance halloween candy.

What we do when we're bored:
(more clearance halloween candy)

At a super cute Cupcake shop in Portland.
Us, not so super cute.
This is the photo that made us realize, "it is now winter.
We will now be pale and gross for the next 6 months."

Super Cute Oakley and her grandpa on Thanksgiving getting a dun-duh-dun.

Us on Thanksgiving, super full and happy :)

Oakley with her Uncle Daves waterbottle. She loves drinking out of this thing,
but then again who wouldn't? It's the most amazing water bottle ever.
I used to be a non-water drinker, not because I dont like it but because I just didn't think about it or remember I might need to hydrate my body.
Then Dave got this water bottle, but he would take it to work all day and I would wait all day until he got home so I could drink out of it.
Then he was super sweet and bought me my own and now I drink water.
Seriously buy one, HERE.

Lovely us super early in the morning heading to Utah for Christmas.
Actually now that I think about it, it was not super early. We only drove 7 hours to boise that day and got there late so who knows why we look so good.

Dave at a rest stop stretching his legs. I wish I could say I'm a super nice sympathetic wife when my husband is in pain, and I usually am like if hes sick or something. But not when its his own fault. He worked out WAY too hard a few days before he left, literally to the point that he was unable to walk. I couldn't even touch his legs without him screaming out in pain. And for a week, he walked like he was 105. Which meant, if I wanted to be anywhere near him, I had to slow down to his pace in the freezing cold, Or I just had to walk like a normal person leaving him alone and crippled which then made me feel bad.
It was super annoying.
But I think this picture is funny cause he looks like a midget.
Deciding to drive instead of flying to utah ended up being perfect, because Daves grandpa passes away a week before we left. We were able to be flexible and get dave a couple more days off work so that we could leave earlier than planned and make it to the funeral.
It was bittersweet being at a funeral, which is always sad, but seeing all the family we hadn't seen in a year.
He was a cutie, I have been in love with the fact that you can always only see 2, maybe 3 buttons on his button up shirts because his pants are so high :) I always tell Dave I want him to be like that when he's old, I think its SO cute.

We were able to go see the Lights at Temple Square with some of Dave's family that evening. It was so pretty but SO freezing. We only lasted a little while before we decided to call it a night.

The next day Dave & I went to Park City. We did some shopping and had a super good sushi dinner.

We stayed at the Newpark Resort which was so amazing! We had a gorgeous room, with a balcony that overlooked the snowy mountains & our own private hot tub. I was in Heaven.

Enjoying our Coldstone in Hot tub.

The next day we headed back to Salt Lake to meet up with a bunch of Daves old roomates.
We had a yummy lunch at CPK and got caught up with everyone!

That afternoon, after making a few more stops, we headed down to cedar city to see Amy and Jess's new homes, and we had a fun night with a delicious dinner and learned a new fun game :)
The next morning we headed to Escalante and it was snowy and scary and we got stuck on the tippy top of the mountain a couple times. Dave was my hero and saved us.

At Escalantes Christmas Party, not a WARD christmas party, the WHOLE town. I'm almost getting used to this small town stuff. Almost.

In our new Christmas PJs on Christmas Eve!

Super cute Emrie with her grandpa :)

Uncle Dave giving hugs
The Day after Christmas we said our goodbyes and headed back up north.
I was able to meet up with some of my roomates for dinner and then the boys met us for bowling! It was a fun night and a weird flashback into the single days.
Dave and I both left being so grateful those days are over :)


That night we drove til amost 2am to get to a hotel in Idaho, just so our drive the next day wouldnt be so long. Did I mention Dave is amazing and drove the whole way? There and back? All 2500 miles? He did.
Hes super amazing.
Although I think we are both equally grateful I didn't help drive. It would have taken us twice as long. And there would have been much more tension in the car as I kind of tend to freak out every time we are close to a semi.

Anyways, we had our annual BINGO for new years this year and won some fun stuff :)

I still can't believe its 2010.
On 01.02.2010 (cool huh?) my cousin got married
This is my only picture of them but thats okay because you can see her dress and that was the best part. It was SO pretty.

Dave taught Oakley how to put a spoon on her nose with no hands, and she actually got the hang of it. It was so cute.




Me & Oakley

Leslie & Tareak
Matthew and Emily (They are considered a "Couple" for everything we do as a family. It just works. They love it.)

My cousin Amber & her fiance Denzil, The next to be married!

Me & Dave

Jenny & Cam (Notice Cam has a bigger head.)

And Last but not least, Dave and I have been the new Babysitters/Housesitters/Dogsitters, since we moved in with my parents. We literally are at a different persons house every other week and its been fun.
A few weeks ago we stayed with Max (I was his nanny from when he was a little baby til he was 6)
This is how I remember him:

And this is him now:

He is like a BIG KID. And not just big, but cool too, I mean look at his hair.
So weird...

He's finally accepted that Dave stole me from him and they are now on good terms :)

Thats about it for now.

Other than that our lives consist of:
Looking for jobs
Interviewing for jobs.
Working out for jobs (not me just dave)
The Bachelor (Mondays cant come soon enough!)
Planning for Valentines Day :)
Looking at houses and dreaming.
Wheel of Fortune ( we joined the club)
and being IN LOVE.

goodbye.





3 comments:

Courtney Bready said...

YAY!! I'm so glad to finally hear something from you again!

Biggest shock of the post...

MAX! Holy cow! I cannot even believe it! He's so BIG! I guess I just figured he'd be a cute little 4-year-old forever. Guess I was wrong. :)

We need to see you guys soon. Hopefully one of these times that we're in WA, you WON'T be in UT!

Laura said...

Very nice! Great update and super cute pictures with Oakley and the spoon! Please keep us posted on the job hunting!

Jennifer Kartchner said...

MONICA!! im so glad you posted something on your blog!! i love to catch up with you and dave through your blog!!! looks like you had a wonderful holiday season! and a fun time in Utah!! Thats great! Oakley is getting so big!! shes really cute! its fun to see the pictures of all of your family! your little bro is so grown up!
I'm so happy for you that you and dave are doing great!! If your ever near Rexburg hit me up!! i'd love to get some lunch and catch up!!