11.04.2009

What we've been doing since...



we officially exited the "Newlywed Stage"
(Only according to ABC's 'Here Come the Newlyweds' show, which I tried to apply to be on, but had a very small window that we were eligible. You had to be married under 2 years, but be over 21...and there was only a 3 week period between the time I turned 21 and our 2 year anniversary :( I was sad, but regardless of the shows rules, I still feel like we are newlyweds so until the feeling goes away, I'm going to live in our little love lala land)

Okay that was random.

Here's a quick picture update of whats been going on:

one night this summer i was so bored, more bored than i have ever felt in my whole life and i was rolling on the floor thinking i was going to die.
So me and Dave went miniature golfing :)
And I didn't win.


Trying out VOODOO Doughnuts for the first time (i LOVE pink bakery boxes)
They were definitely unique, but delicious.
I just had to try to get the mental picture of the girls long hairy armpits that sold us the doughnuts while eating them.
That's Portland for you :)

For my birthday my sister got me a sushi making set, so we took it out and gave it a try! It was actually way easier than I thought it would be (except we need like a special sushi knife I think, do they make those?)
My beautiful art. We were to chicken to make our own with raw fish, because thats too scary. So we stuck with the vegetarian and it was DELICIOUS.


Our First Annual Shopping trip/ Lunch with the girls - Thanks Dad :)
(I named it that so when my dad reads this he gets the hint that he should let us do this every year)


The Beautiful flowers dave brought home for me that looked really pretty, but smelled like smoke and made my eye puff up.


Halloween! We were Fred & Wilma Flintstone, and I'm proud to say I made these costumes ALL by myself from scratch.
I have no idea how to sew on a sewing machine, and am too impatient to learn.
So these are made with yarn and fabric glue.
I'm excited to one day have a big closet full of all of our costumes :)


It was cute little Oakleys First birthday on Halloween! So of course her parents threw her a costume party.
She was a cute little Kitty

Enjoying her cake! Pure SUGAR for the first time :)



She is SO cute and so funny, we LOVE her so much and dream of having our own every day.....

Looks like that's it with the pictures.
As far as life goes, we are currently in the middle of some hopefully big changes!

I count the minutes until something happens for us because, well.....
I have time to literally count the minutes.
I'm not working right now.
We moved in with my parents last week in hopes to save up some $/pay off some debt.
And I feel like an 80 year old lady because I lay around so much.
I seriously need a life QUICK.

So although this definitely isn't a HIGH point in our lives, there is really nothing to complain about, and we are thankful for that :)

The END.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Fun Halloween costumes! Keep us up to date on the big changes! Glad you're doing well, other than begin bored... :)

lindquist said...

Hey Miss Monica! This is Velenti. I actually stalk your blog fron time to time... keep up on what's going on. :) I'm always entertained by the things you say and the pictures you post. You're so real. I wanted you to know that if you're REALLY bored you could come over and be an 80 year old lady on MY couch!
xoxoxoxo
Love,
Velenti

Haley said...

i absolutely love that you want to say in your little "la la land" as newly weds forever...AMEN!! :) And when we have guys like ours, it's not too tough ;)

That's awesome your sister got you sushi-making kits!! so fun! and your halloween costumes were awesome! (nice job sewing them yourself! i may hire you for our next year;)