8.16.2008

To my AMAZING husband,



Exactly one year ago today, we were sealed together for time and all eternity.
I remember every detail and feeling I had, being so nervous but so excited...and just feeling calm when it finally happened.
I remember expecting to feel really different right after we became husband and wife, like it would be a huge change. I was a little bit worried that it didn't feel any different, but you told me you didn't feel different either so it way okay.
I loved you SO MUCH on that day, and I remember thinking, "how in the world do people say to eachother, 'I love you more than the day I married you'?"
I was sure that there was no way I could love you more that I did that day.

And now here we are, exactly one year later, and I love you so much more than I did on our wedding day.
I have loved growing closer to you every day.
I have loved learning something new about you everyday, even if they aren't always good things :)
I have loved spending every single night this past year sleeping in your arms (for about 3 minutes until it gets too hot or uncomfortable so I roll onto my side of the bed)
I love that I can look back on this last year and smile.
It was perfect.
You have been perfect.
I love that I'm able to say we have yet to get into a real fight (at least that I can remember) and I know its because of your unbelievable patience with me.

Thank you for sharing your life with me. Most days I feel unbelievably lucky, haha MOST.
Thank you for giving me everything I have ever wanted.
You honestly have every single quality on my husband list that I made when I was like 12. :)
Thank you for putting up with my craziness, stubbornness, and laziness...and just LOVING me.
And lastly,
Thank you for asking me to dance.
If I wouldn't have been in your way of the girl you really wanted to ask to dance (haha)
we wouldn't be here today.
And thats CRAZY to think that one dance was so life changing.

Thank you for the best year of my life.
Even though we have had some tears and a few extra pounds, and tears over the extra pounds...(just kidding)
We have had so many more smiles and laughs and hugs and kisses
and I am SO thankful for that.

Happy one year anniversary :)



love,
ME












6 comments:

Whitney Bennett said...

Ah you guys are so cute! I love it....

Spencer & Jonathan said...

You guys are so awesome... the PERFECT couple! I loved how you said that you love to sleep in his arms for like 3min. hahaha. I'm the same way... I can only cuddle for like 5min when I'm going to sleep, then I have to roll over and be to myself. =) Anyway, yeah, you guys rock!

The Wright's said...

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. It seems like yesterday we were cramped into the corner of the Infiniti Building 3rd floor. Thanks goodness we are both away from that. Take Care!!!

Brie said...

You guys are so in for 2008!!! I love how you update your blog so often, maybe i should take lessons..

Bridget and Derrik said...

I love this post Monica... You guys are so great together and you definatly got a GREAT catch:) We love him and hopefully get to see you guys again soon!!! Happy 1 year Anniversary, you'll enjoy this next year even more than the first:)I just keeps getting better and better!!!!

Bridget and Derrik said...
This comment has been removed by the author.