Dave only ended up working as an assitant for a couple weeks, and then it came time to look for something else. It just happened to be the same time I was looking for a job as well, so for a couple weeks we we're both unemployed and it was so fun :) At least I thought so...we kind of laughed at ourselves for a while, and then it got to the point that we just felt so pathetic it wasn't even fun anymore.
So I started working as a nanny again for the family i've always worked for, but it was only a couple hours in the afternoons so I still needed to find a real job. Luckily, a job just fell right into my lap when a guy from my parents ward called and said he really needed a receptionsit at his office, so i went in the next day for an interview and he hired me on the spot :) So I'm the receptionist for a pension plan specialist company and I love it :) I got soo lucky with this job because its so close to where we live, some of my friends work there which makes it more fun, and it has amazing benefits for me and Dave which was a huge blessing.
Dave continued to apply for jobs for pretty much anything, just to get his foot in the door to somewhere he could maybe stay for a while but nothing was working out. Even jobs that he was completely over qualified for, weren't working out. He finally just got on with a temp agency so he could be making money while he continued to look. We're finally starting to get closer to figuring out what it is he really wants to do for a career. He had an interview with a credit union up here last week and we should hear back from them this next week. It's for a loan officer position, and he's wanting to stick with them and just move up in the industry to managing banks.
Then, my sister is crazy and just does research all day for everything and everyone, and she found Dave an application for border patrol. Dave has wanted to do this forever, not necessarily border patrol as his career, but just start with that so he can get into the law enforcement feild. I have been totally opposed to it since we've been dating, i just wanted to have a husband who had a boring office job, which would be safe :) Everyone would tell me I just needed to let him do what he was passionate about because he's the one who was going to be supporting our family. Well for some reason within the last couple days I've had a complete change of heart and I want him to do what he's always wanted to do. I would love if the bank job worked out and if he loved it that would be even better, but I dont want him to do something he's not passionate about just because I wont let him do anything else :) So...he applied and has some tests scheduled, and we'll see what happens. We'd end up having to move to southern california, arizona, new mexico, or texas, and as much as I love living back home and close to my family, I'm starting to realize we're young and if we're going to do something crazy like this, now's the time to do it!
So we will see what happens, it should be exciting :) Thats about all that's been going on with work, we've had lots of chances to house-sit and babysit over weekends and thats been fun :)
Anyways, this weekend we had a lot of fun. On friday night we went down to the Portland Rose Festival which is basically just a big carnival, and friday was the first night so they had a big fireworks show :) And of course, Dave had to win me something :) He kept saying as we were driving there he wanted to win me another big stuffed animal (like he did when we got engaged) and he loves playing those games that no one ever wins! SO he played a few and won me a cute pink monkey and a little tiny one too :)
On saturday night we went to one of my close friend, haley's wedding reception! I was so excited because 1. we dont see each other anymore because she's going to BYU-I and I live over here, and 2. I finally have a married friend!!!! I was the first one out of my group of girls to get married, and I've just been dying for someone to join me! It was so great to meet her husband, they are so cute and I can just tell he is going to be sooo good to her! Dave really liked him too and so it's kind of sad we wont be living by them, at least for now :(
We had sooo much fun! After the formal reception part was over there was a dance and luckily i talked dave into staying! I LOVE dances, and although its not daves favorite thing, he's so sweet and was willing to stay and have fun with me! It reminded me so much of the night we met and it was just so fun :)
YAY for being MARRIED! :)
10 comments:
It's Great to see you guys are loving it out there. I'm glad your loving your job, thats always a plus:) And as far as letting Dave do what he's always wanted to do, Even though it scares you, it's so great! I'll bet he;s super excited:) Keep posting it's great to see what your up too, we miss you guys!!!!!!
Good to hear from you again. (I'll try and follow suit) Mom and dad fill us in a little, but a lot of that I didn't know. I miss you like crazy and think about you tons. I'm glad you're enjoying life and know things will work out great for you two.
Way to go to get Dave to dance with you. You guys are so cute!
FINALLY A NEW POST!!!! I was so excited to see that you are on here again.
Dangerous dave and Monica. So Dave you should totally get on the border patrol and come join me in Texas. San Antonio is a pretty cool city and all the people down here are nice, and most are nice and brown to. So on our way down here as you will notice as you look at our blog we saw a lot border patrol and I loved it. PARTY! It's really green down here and some rolly hills change up the scenery. Plus its a party. I am glad to hear you guys are doing well. PArty
So we have never met, But are related by marriage I am married to dave's cousin matt mcewen. We got to talk to Karen at the family reuion and she mentioned that you guys had a blog so I looked it up and found you guys. Sorry we did not make it to the wedding. You are so beautiful monica and sound like a very fun person. I to do hair and loved that i am not the only one that has done something to my husbands hair that I wish did not happen but heck that is why they love us right? Anyways check out are blog not really up to date but who's is www.mcewenslivingitup.blogspot.com Hope to hear from you guys soon. Delia
Dave! It's Brianne. I haven't heard about your life forever, but I found your link off of Devin's blog. You guys are so cute and I'm glad that everything is going great! Congrats on the marriage (yes, it's late:)Good luck with the job search!
The picture of you guys kissing while the bride and groom kiss is funny because me and Anthony have one like it..we were seeing who could kiss the longest! lol
Hey I need your e-mail address so I can e-mail some pics from your wedding..check out my new blog I'm just getting it started but it will be for my business. I'll probably start a family one later. Dave I hope you get the border patrol..good luck!
Hey, you so don't want to read my blog and see what my life is like right now, but I wanted to say hi because I love the Dave! (Seriously, I'm a total heathen.)
Ambz told me that she kind of got in touch with everyone and that they all have blogs. So I decided to look at some of the links she has up.
I'm glad that you guys are doing well and seem to be happy. You looked totally in love at your reception! I'm so glad that I was able to go and see you then!
Keep posting and I'll check in every now and again.
Steph Knighton
Post a Comment