5.31.2009

The Warm Weather FINALLY came :)

Summer is finally here! Well, I guess not officially for another month, BUT we've been getting some warm weather and we are LOVING it...makes us dream of the days we'll be living it it year round, which will hopefully be sooner than later. We enjoyed the sun a little too much yesterday, and are now little lobsters stuck inside :/

Anyways, life for us has been so good for us lately.
We are super duper in love and loving being in love.
We seriously say it about 100 times a day (not exaggerating at ALL, I'm probably way low).
I even told Dave the other day we should probably talk about something else other than how in love we are...but my manly man didn't like the idea.
I guess there's nothing wrong with it, were creeping up on 2 YEARS of being married (crazy!) and I'm loving the fact that it gets better and better everyday.
At this rate we are going to die of like major LOVE heart attacks by the time we are 50.

Anyways, onto what we've been up to lately...

Last week, maybe it was 2 weeks ago, went to the Oregon Zoo for an afternoon. Dave had never been and I hadnt been in a few years and it was a beautiful day out!



Okay this Orangutan (i used spell check but im pretty sure i could have spelled it better)
was my most favorite guy at the zoo.
I fell in LOVE. I wanted to stay with him the whole day but Dave made me get away from the window because other people were waiting to see.
Oh my gosh. Just look at him. He was so sad, and he was all alone. Can't you just tell he's thinking "my life sucks. I'm locked up. I'm alone. And I have the ugliest haircut ever and the color totally clashes with my skin tone."
I just wanted to take him home and hug him and tell him everything is gonna be okay.
When I was right up by the window he even looked me right in the eye with the saddest look.
Writing about it is making all the emotions come back and i want to cry again ahhhhhh.
Okay these little guys were SO funny. oh my gosh, I dont know what kind of monkey they were, but they were so cute. You cant tell very well by the picture, but one of them was picking through the others hair, like very thoroughly and concentrated while the other one just sat there. After a while the one being inspected would get irritated and try to hit the other and they would fight, and then all of a sudden they would freeze and the picking would begin again. It was so funny to watch, I was narrarating the whole thing for Dave telling him it was like us when I find some weird hair in a weird place on his body hahaaa.
Me with the ZEBRA. I love zebras. I actually dont care for the animal because its like a horse and I dont like horses. But I want a zebra rug.

Me & Dave sharing a big elephant ear :)

Align Center


For Memorial Day weekend, we decided to get away for a much needed mini-vacation. My dad laughs when I say I NEED a vacation, like I'm so ridiculous and people dont NEED vacations.
I DO.
I need one like every other week.

We headed down to the beach and stayed at a super cute little place right on the beach. We had the most amazing view & the weather was beautiful.
It was like a dream waking up in the place...

Our big jetted tub with the ocean view...AMAZING.

We went to a pizza place for dinner the first night and it was the craziest little hippie place ever with these big scary motorcyle guys working there. Every square inch of the walls were covered in customers signing their names or writing just about anything.

I wanted to leave out mark, so I found a kind of open spot right by the bathroom :)




THIS was our view. We loved it! It was so nice to get away and be able to spend a few days STRAIGHT together without the horrible adult things like work getting in the way :)



This last Thursday was a very special day :)
My whole family went to the Temple Thursday evening to do baptisms, and I was finally able to get baptized for Maddie :) (I wrote a post HERE about her)
I had been waiting for this day since the day she passed away, but had to wait a year to do it, and then it took me a long time to get up the nerve to ask her families permission.

It was such an amazing experience. I had been hoping that I would be able to feel that she was there, and Maddie, in her own crazy Maddie way DEFINITELY let me know she was there :)
It was so comforting to be able to do that for her, and I love knowing she is still the same little Maddie!



Add Image


Lastly, a couple nights ago Dave and I went down to the Portland Rose Festival for the night.
We love going to carnival type things with all the yummy food & treats, games and rides, and all the crazy people you see :)

And look at this crazy HUGE elephant ear!!! Look at the normal size plates next to it.
I wanted to get one just so I could say that I did :) but there is no way we would have been able to eat that by ourselves.
It was a real DAD ELEPHANT size ear.
yummy strawberry shortcake :)


Thats all!
Who knows when the next post will be, we have nothing planned for the next little while.
And we look like lobsters.

8 comments:

The Swainston Family said...

Wow looks like you have had lots of fun!

Cole and Amy said...

i miss you guys! i'm glad everything's going great though and i love your blog, it's super cute!

Haley said...

Amen to the warm weather! It teased us a couple times in April & May...but now I think it's here to stay! (wow, that rhymed. haha) I'm so glad you 2 love birds were able to stay at the beach for a weekend...the hotel's view from the tub looked awesome! And it looks like you guys had a blast at the zoo :) I'm so happy for you being able to do Maddie's temple work...you're awesome monica :)

Kati Howard said...

We totally want to take Quincy to the Portland Zoo, it totally kicks the Boise Zoo's butt. I'm so jealous that you guys get to go to all these cool "mini" vacations. Someday... we will. Enjoy it while you can, it gets more spendy and complicated with a kid. :o)

Jennifer Kartchner said...

Thats so cool that you got to do a baptism for Maddie! thats amazing that you had the nerve to ask her parents!
The weekend at the beach looked like so much fun! i love seeing all of the pictures!
love and miss you!

Amber Thompson said...

wow girl, k I like didn't even read the whole post yet you crack me up! I just HAD to comment though and tell you I'm soooo jealous! lol. I love my kids but I MISS those days when you could do what you want when you want so I'm living vicariously through you k? :)

Cole and Amy said...

Oh, thanks! we missed you guys so much! it's weird not having the whole family together. i love the picture of you two at the top of your blog, you guys look so happy. Love ya, hope to see you soon.

Genny said...

MONICCAAA!! It was fun to read your post! You two are still one of my favorite couples. Its exciting that the first picture of you two was taken by me.. yay I was there! :) But sadly thats about the only part of your life I know cause you two moooved far far away. Washington looks beautiful though and thats makes me so excited for you that you were able to do baptisms for Maddie! :) Katie, Candis and me were out to dinner the other night and we were talking about the good old Raintree days again. Maybe I'll be seeing you in August... Ha. Hope all's well! Tell Dave I say Hi! LOVe YoU!