4th of July!
This was actually our first 4th of July together now that I think about it...last year we were engaged and I had moved home for the summer so we spent the 4th apart! :(
We had a fun day this year besides the fact that the weather was a little bit depressing. It was in the 70's but it was cloudy ALL DAY. We started the morning by going to our wards breakfast at a park close by, we got free food so that was exciting :).
After that I came home and cleaned and Dave went over to my parents to build us some shoe shelves. We have just had a pile of shoes in our closet for so long and it was definitely time to do something about it. I'm glad I have a manly husband that knows how to build stuff :)
Later that afternoon we both went over to my parents for a bbq and then we headed to fort vancouver for the firework show:) It's one of the biggest firework shows west of the Mississippi River and there's always a TON of people. Luckily, since it wasnt the most beautiful weather it didnt seem as crowded, but I think they still said it was like 60,000 or something people. Anyways, here's some pictures from the day!
This was actually our first 4th of July together now that I think about it...last year we were engaged and I had moved home for the summer so we spent the 4th apart! :(
We had a fun day this year besides the fact that the weather was a little bit depressing. It was in the 70's but it was cloudy ALL DAY. We started the morning by going to our wards breakfast at a park close by, we got free food so that was exciting :).
After that I came home and cleaned and Dave went over to my parents to build us some shoe shelves. We have just had a pile of shoes in our closet for so long and it was definitely time to do something about it. I'm glad I have a manly husband that knows how to build stuff :)
Later that afternoon we both went over to my parents for a bbq and then we headed to fort vancouver for the firework show:) It's one of the biggest firework shows west of the Mississippi River and there's always a TON of people. Luckily, since it wasnt the most beautiful weather it didnt seem as crowded, but I think they still said it was like 60,000 or something people. Anyways, here's some pictures from the day!
It's always entertaining in a group of people that big to just people watch :) I didnt see anyone too nuts this year unfortunately.
our matching indian bracelets we got in a little booth...I don't know why I call them indian bracelets, the guy who sold them to us was an indian so I just assumed...
Eating our dip n' dots! Yumm...I was a little bit bummed though because I really wanted an elephant ear but the line was way too long :(
Getting comfy and waiting for the show to start!!
It was a fun night, we ended up giving my friend and her boyfriend a ride home after because she lost her keys SOMEWHERE in the giant field full of people, so we got home around midnight and fell right to sleep :) Dave is STILL sleeping and its 11:30!
5 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your main picture and your background. So cute. Hey I have a cute picture of you and Dave that was taken at our wedding. I will have to get it to you. Thanks so much for coming to the sealing. It meant so much to Allen and I to have you two there. Thank you. I hope you had a safe drive home! We love ya both! :)
Oooh I miss Davy!! Monica you are so cute and I know I don't know you well but I love you and thank you for being the one my cousin married!! YAY!! Happy 4th!!
You guys look way cute together. Glad to hear your 4th was good...I'm jealous that you got to go to the Fort for the firework show. We went to ours here in Boise, but it's just not the same. Hope things are well. :)
I like Boise.. it's not tht PNW, but I guess it's a 'great place to live' depending on how you look at it. I wish I was closer to my family-- especially now that we have Quincy. It's all good, they're actully all coming here next month for Q's first birthday.
HEY YOU! I know you! I'm so glad you found my blog. I didn't know you guys were in town (relatively)! Yeah! I hope that means you two will be at the Family Reunion, yeehaw!
I'm glad you had a happy 4th, it would be sweet if you guys could come to the Portland Vial's 4th BBQ. Next year, i'll remind you.
It's fun to see you two together, such pretties!
Post a Comment