2.10.2008

Dave's day at the salon :)

So I've been wanting to color dave's hair for a long time, yesterday was a pretty slow day at school, so I asked him if he would come in. He told me he had some work to get done but if he was out by 3, he could, so I assured him it would only take like an hour...Mistake number one. We picked out a pretty blonde color, I mixed it up, put it on his head, and 30 minutes later I was freaking out as I rinsed his hair out.

This picture doesnt even come close to what really happened but you get the idea...it was this nasty burnt orangey color. Not the plan.
So, we decide put another color ontop of it to make it not so orangey and after another 20 mintues of it not doing a thing, I just slapped on some bleach to see if we could just bleach his hair lighter...mistake number two.

His hair came out BRIGHT yellow, after making him sit under the hot dryer like a little old lady and practically burning his scalp off.

By this time he was the joke of the school and everyone would come to see him just to laugh at him along with all my instructors...poor guy :( By this time I was so frustrated I just wanted his normal hair back and I was so sad I made him do this in the first place. But it was too late to get his hair back so we just had to make it look not so freaky. We were all crowded around his head with 4 of the instructors trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with his hair. Luckily, one of my instructors mixed up some amazing concoction of color, we put it all over and it fixed everything. Well, not everything, I now have a blonde husband and I miss his hair :( but luckily he's so cute he can pull it off :)


What I learned:
I have the absolute sweetest husband in the world. First of all, I don't know how many guys would let their wives mess with their hair like that in the first place. He came totally willing and ready to try something new :) After telling him that it would be only an hour so he could get his work done, and having it turn into 3 1/2 hours, you'd think he'd be a little mad. But Dave had a smile on his face the whole entire time! I know inside he was so frustrated and not wanting to be there, but he was so patient and didn't show it at all :) Just about every girl in the school was telling me how lucky I am because if it were their husband they would be in big trouble. All of it just reassured me how good of a dad he's gonna be one day, because i totally felt like a little kid messing up left and right and he was patient as could be. I'm seriously SO lucky :)

5 comments:

The Swainston Family said...

Dave always been so patient. I think he is one awesome cousin. I wish I could be as patient as him. How is married life?
This is Talesha (David's cousin) Let all keep in touch with this blogging world. I am so excited that we all have blogs. Our's is www.theswainston.blogspot.com
Have a fabulous day!!!!!
You guys are so cute!!!!!!! Have a happy valentine's day!

Bridget and Derrik said...

Dave is so great, as i was looking at the pictures i was telling Derrik, " look at the smile on his face, You would totally kill me:(" That's why i would never dare, his hair is too precious to him!!! We love you Dave...

Laura said...

I'm thinking of dying Scott's hair jet black... what do you think? Just kidding. :) Dave you are a good sport! But I do cut Scott's hair... he's been thinking of getting a new hair style, but he'll have to go else where for that, I wouldn't know what to do. :)

The Wright's said...

Dave you are a very good sport!!! There really aren't many guys that would do that. I think it looks great and you even have a smile on your face at work as everyone is asking about it.

Mindy said...

you two crack me up. I love the bright yellow picture. You could really pull off punk, well forehead up, your face doesn't fit that profile. Thanks for the laugh and I think you're both very lucky.